Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

Speed up orthodontic treatment

I'm on an orthodontic treatment with braces to bring the teeth in position before a double jaw surgery. The procedure is very long and they told can take from one to two years. Is there anything that can be done to bring down this time and speed up the process? Is it true that vitamin D can speed up the process?

Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Unfortunately we do not have a Dental category. However, I can leave your question open to the Medical Professionals we have online to see if they can assist you.

If at anytime you wish to cancel your question or would like to try the US site on .com. Please let me know and I will reverse your charges for you.

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.
Hello I am sorry you have waited so long for a response. No Vitamin D does not help You will want to visit a specialty clinic that offers accelerated orthodontics as an option. This involves different specialists that work together on your treatment plan. One technique can include segmental osteotomy which is a surgical procedure that divides the jaw bone and allows faster mobility of the teeth. Here is the link for the info in the UK
http://www.maxfac.com/dentistry/orthodontics.html
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified with experience in primary care.