Ken
Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Experience:  Working as a Doctor who Cares since 2001.
25541092

Hi there, For about 10 days now the muscle under my left eye

Hi there, For about 10 days now the muscle under my left eye has been twitching almost continually , ive had it before when overly tired but this time its not going away despite a couple of early nights
any suggestions ? thanks Mark
Expert:  Ken replied 3 years ago.
Hello Mark,
I am Dr Ken and I will be helping you today.
Do you have any diagnosed medical condition?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, None Sir

Expert:  Ken replied 3 years ago.
I am happy that there are no diagnosed medical condition.
Twitching indicates involuntary contraction of the particular muscle. It can be duet to varied causes - dehydration/ mineral or vitamin deficiency/ excess use of the muscle/ reduced blood supply to the muscle or irritation of the nerve concerned.
In your case I would first think of dehydration/ deficiency of mineral or vitamins OR irritation of the facial nerve {less likely though}.
As this is happening periodically If I were you I would get few investigations like blood tests/ MRI Brain {later if needed} to look for facial nerve.
Till than - Have balanced diet, adequate fluid/ avoid alcohol, smoking/ stay away from stress or anxiety {Yoga, meditation help}/ have quality sleep.
Wish you well.
Best
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok Thanks alot regards Mark

Expert:  Ken replied 3 years ago.
Wish you well Mark.
Let me know if you want me to explain anything in more details.
I aim to provide 'Excellent' service. Did I give it to you? If so do consider to rate my answer.
Best