Ken
Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Experience:  Working as a Doctor who Cares since 2001.
25541092

I have an ovarian cyst 5cm , bloated all the time lower stomach

I have an ovarian cyst 5cm , bloated all the time lower stomach pain and so very tired, family history of ovarian cancer.is this what I have as doctor wont listen to me
Expert:  Ken replied 3 years ago.

I am Dr Ken and I will be helping you today.

Can you give me the details of the investigations obtained?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Internal scan where they found the cyst and cm125 blood test, which they said was ok.my mum and nan died from ovarian cancer.they said they will wait to see if the cyst gets bigger but they are not listening to how I feel.i feel something is so wrong

Expert:  Ken replied 3 years ago.
Andrea,

I do understand your concern.

Let me state - All the cysts arising from the ovary are not cancerous {rather majority of them are benign - noncancerous}.

A cyst is said to be cancerous when - It has one or more of following features - thick walls/ thick septation, internal echoes or solid component/ cyst grows very fast {doubles in a month}/ associated with enlarged nodes, free fluid in abdomen. In your case none of these are seen. It relieves me.

Blood tests also detects cancer. Negative test with you also relieves me.

Above two tests rule out cancer.

Your doctors are following the right track - Follow-up scans are needed to see for change in size and any new imaging finding.

Please do not worry.

Best