Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I am on acaprill 2.5mils a day for blood presser but are getting

I am on acaprill 2.5mils a day for blood presser but are getting side avects from it breving broblems nasal and mouth discomfort and feeling unwell most days is there there a tab that will not give side avects please
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi. The acapril is what's known as an ACE inhibitor and it can cause the side effects you're experiencing. I'd suggest you have your doctor switch you to either Verapamil or to metolprolol, neither of which should give you these side effects