Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

im 64 year old i can hear my pulse beating loudly in my ears

im 64 year old i can hear my pulse beating loudly in my ears had carotid doppler and it was fine please help
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--how long has this been going on and is this a constant feeling? Any dizziness associated with this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

going on for 6 months now this is before my fall on boxing day i had a small subarachnoid leak but im alright at the moment

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK This is called pulsatile tinnitus and since your carotids are fine it's not from that. It can be from a problem with an artery around the inner ear and what you need to do for now is to see an ENT specialist and get a MRA--an MRI angiogram--to check for this. Most often there is not surgical treatment for it but there are other treatments that can effectively deal with it.