Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

My mother is 89 has recently been released from hospital after

Customer Question

My mother is 89 has recently been released from hospital after an infection, while in hospital she has had increasingly swollen legs and one arm/hand is so swollen she cannot use it she was fine before she went into hospital, She is now at home and unable to walk or use her arm I am really worried as she is distressed and although she has now go a carer twice a day this is not enough can this be cured? I must add my mother has asbestosis which is terminal.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Phil, MD :

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Dr. Phil, MD :

please enter chat mode

I am nervous she has developed blood clots

Swollen arms/legs are typical of blood clots and a big risk for this is being immobile

This is very concerning

She needs an ultrasound of the arms and legs right away
I noticed that our chat is not complete.

My main goal is your 100% satisfaction and for you to consider this service excellent. If you are not 100% satisfied, just click reply and I will happily provide more information.