Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have been unsteady on my legs for a little while specially

I have been unsteady on my legs for a little while specially after a short walk.Last time I was so unsteady after a 20 min walk that my legs gave away and I fell Over.It happened again last week.I have been told my legs were shaking a lot when I fell over.Very worried...can you help?
Hi--how long has this been going on and are you saying that your legs are weak or is this more of a balance problem?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I became aware of it last october. I thinks the legs are weak and become shaky after a short..20-30min walk

OK Shiraz--do you have any other medical conditions and did your doctor run any blood work or other studies? Any problems like this with your arms?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Had a heart attack 3 yrs ago..have 3 stents in my heart .have moderately high BP...border line diabetes and ET..essential thrombocythemia

And did your doctor, say, get any studies for this like MRI's? And he had no idea what the problem is?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He has no idea what the problem is.Has referred me to a neurologist

OK--Shiraz--just one more question that I asked before--any problems like this with your arms too?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No problems with my arms....I wonder if its PAD...peripheral arterial disease ?

Well, then--one more question--any muscle pain in your legs associated with this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No pain

Then it isn't PAD Shiraz. It sounds as though there could be two possibilities here. I would get an MRI of both your brain and your spine to check for these. Most likely this is from a spine problem like spinal stenosis or a disk problem--either a narrowing of the canal that the spinal cord passes through, or a disk that is pressing on the cord. Less likely but I have to mention it would be Parkinson's disease. Hopefully the neurologist will check for all of this and find which disorder is causing your problem