Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Hi. I had with a girl who 24 hrs later

I had sexual intercourse with a girl who 24 hrs later told me a previous partner advised her he has Chlamydia.That day I took a one off treatment as advised for Chlamydia and also gonorrhoea.I know it sounds a little silly.But would this have worked so soon after contact ? I realise I need to wait 7 days after treatment to be clear.

Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
Dear customer

Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear about your risk of chlamydia. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions:

Chlamydia is a common sexually transmitted disease (STD)caused by bacterium Chlamydia trachomatis.It is the most common STD.

To treat chlamydia infection completely following is the recommended dosage: 1 g orally in a single dose. So you need to take 4 tab. of Azithromycin 250mg together as one single dose. The advantage of azithromycin is that it works after taking a single dose.

You have done the right thing as you have already taken the single treatment of 4 tablets,this will eradicate the infection completely but this will take 7 days to clear the infection.

So your answer is yes,the medication starts working soon after you take it and after the contract of chlamydia infection.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert

Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience: M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you.I was worried that if I had no symptoms and the medication was taken so close to the time it may not have worked.A bit silly I know.

Dear customer
Thanks for the words of appreciation.

Yes,even if you have taken the medication so close/just after the sexual intercourse,it will eradicate & completely cure the infection.

So you have taken the right medication at right time & this will completely cure the chalmydia infection if any.

I have seen that you have not rated my answer yet.Please do not forget to rate my answer as positive,as this is the only way by which we(experts) get paid for the service.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert

Hi JA customer

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Is there anything else that I can help you out?

Let me know,
Dr.Robert