Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Just started to take serpraline. I am very depressed after

Just started to take serpraline. I am very depressed after receiving about the worst shock a happily married man can get I can't get an detection or ejaculate. No problem the other day . Will the effect ware off if I stop taking it. Its just the sort of thing to add insult to injury. I'm finding it very hard to cope. Thanks
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
Was the sertraline started for depression?
Or was it started for another reason?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Found out I am probably not the father of eldest daughter. Very distressed

I'm sorry that you are in this situation. It must be very upsetting.

As far as the side effect, yes, it will typically wear off if the drug is stopped. If you are on a higher dose of the sertraline, then the dose should be tapered, but if you are still on the starting dose, it can be simply stopped. However, there should also be some attention to what should be used instead. There is no medicine that will never cause side effects, but the antidepressants that are least likely to cause this are bupropion and mirtazapine.

Therefore, it would be appropriate to discuss changing to one of these medicines after stopping the sertraline to allow this symptoms to wear off.

If you have any further questions or need clarification, please let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for that

You're welcome. I hope that you feel better soon.

I notice that this question is still open, but I have not received any further questions.

My goal is to provide excellent service and a complete answer. If any further information would be helpful, please let me know.