Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

I seem to be having my third since the 12 th march am

I seem to be having my third period since the 12 th march am begioning to panic thats wrong with me?
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 3 years ago.
Dear customer

Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

Do you have previous history of such irregularity/repeat periods in a cycle?
Any tests done so far?
Do you have any known medical illness?

I am waiting for your reply..
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no normally regular within a few days. no other illness no tests done

Dear customer,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.

The symptoms of having more then one period in a cycle you are having can be due to various causes like:stress,being overweight or underweight,imbalance of hormones,polycystic ovarian syndrome(PCOS)/estrogen dominance,uterine abnormalities (fibroids/cysts/polyps/endometriosis).

You need clinical examination,testing for thyroid function and other hormone levels.

A pelvic exam is required to rule out any uterine abnormality, a cervical polyp or fibroid, or a uterine infection.Also you need an ultrasound to evaluate the uterus, the ovaries and the fallopian tubes.

Stress is a common cause of such symptoms.

As you had the 3rd period since 12th march,this is not normal.

So I advice you to consult your gynecologist for the clinical examination to find out the root cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert