Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

I have a rash around my anul area I get piles from time to

I have a rash around my anul area I get piles from time to time i do have hair in that part of my body I've used germoloids ointment cream and it helps with the itching but isn't getting rid of the problem it's very sore can u help
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 3 years ago.
Dear customer

Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort due to piles.I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions:

Yes,the rash & soreness you are having is also symptoms of hemorrhoids(piles).

Hemorrhoids are swollen, inflamed veins around the anus or lower rectum.Too much pressure on the veins in the pelvic and rectal area causes hemorrhoids(piles).

You need to apply local anesthetics like Benzocaine 5% to 20% (Americaine Hemorrhoidal),applying vasoconstrictors like Ephedrine sulfate 0.1% to 1.25%.These make the blood vessels become smaller, which reduce swelling.

Apply protectants like aluminum hydroxide gel,they prevent irritation of the perianal area by forming a physical barrier on the skin.If there is excessive pain/soreness then apply menthol 0.1% to 1.0%.

Also take tab.Ibuprofen 400 mg orally to reduce soreness.

These are available as OTC without prescription & will help you greatly in reducing soreness & rash.

If still after this your symptoms persists,then you need to consult your ano-rectal doctor for examination & hence the prescription medications accordingly.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I've haemorrhoids before but I've never had a big Red rash around the area it's not just around my anul hole it's all around it going on to my bum cheeks and up to the top of my bum crack and up to my testicals can you also write down exactly wot creams to buy please sorry I couldn't go on reply to expert it wouldn't let me
Dear Customer,
Thank you for asking follow up question.

As you have given more details now,other possibilities of this rash can be:: irritating chemicals in the foods we eat such as spicy,acidic food,irritation of frequent liquid stools, diarrhea.Other causes are: yeast infection,diabetes mellitus,crohn's disease,irritable bowel syndrome(IBS),hemorrhoids,anal fissures.

But most probable cause seems to be hemorrhoids only although you do not have this symptom previously.It can be due to irritation.

Apply local anesthetics such as Benzocaine(Americaine Hemorrhoidal) in the anal region to treat hemorrhoids.

Outside the anus on the rash from bum cheeks to testicles you can apply ointment ultramide or ointment polysporin.

Both the medications are available as OTC without prescription & will help you greatly in reducing soreness & rash.

If still your rash persists,then you need to consult your doctor as oral medications may then be need to be prescribed accordingly.

And please do not forget to rate my answer as positive,as this is the only way by which we(experts) get paid for the service.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert