Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

when do I have to stop flying when Im pregnant - my job involves

Customer Question

when do I have to stop flying when I'm pregnant - my job involves frequent international travel, thank you
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi, in general, unless you're a high risk pregnancy there is not problem with flying when pregnant, although it would be a good idea not to fly within two weeks of your due date. Discuss this with your doctor, but really there's no problem with a pregnant woman's flying during any time of her pregnancy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks very much for this. I think I am six weeks pregnant, what are the most important "do's" and "donts" at this time?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Congratulations Ann! There really aren't any does or don'ts and your stage but if you're having morning sickness problems it would be best to book an aisle seat if you need to get to the restroom quickly. There's really nothing you should worry about with this. Take care and remember to rate my service to you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks again Dr. Chip. Of course I will rate you excellently I just have a couple more questions please. What I meant by my last question was not flying related it was in general i.e. what should I not eat/drink/do and is there anything special I should do/take i.e. folic acid?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
You need prenatal vitamins which are best by prescription Ann, so you really should see an obstetrician as soon as possible. But a multivitamin, extra B complex and folate, and extra vitamin C can be added to the multivitamin. No restrictions on diet but a nutrient dense diet of fresh green and leafy veggies, fruits, coconut milk, nuts, tofu or tempeh, and no more than three servings per week of lean meats, poultry and fish would be best for you and your baby. Of course, avoid any alcohol and hopefully you don't smoke.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks again

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Any time Ann--entirely my pleasure