Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have undiagnosed heart condition i have had angiograms and

I have undiagnosed heart condition i have had angiograms and other tests they think cardiac syndrome x possibly iam on slozem and isosorbide mononitrate and statins and asprin we have two nursing relatives who think it may be adrenaline blockage as if iam in stress full situations ie funerals iam unable to walk and tremble and feel as if my body is shutting down fizzy drink and sweets dont help to make me feel better, i do suffer with chest pain and tiredness after a days work i am 64 yrs of age i us e gtn at times to releive the pain whish works well couyld you help
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--can you tell me more about the pain?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The pain is across my chest and is very tight at times and slows me down if i am going up hills i also get back ache and have a problem with not getting enough oxygen i am a farmer so resticts me

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Richard--have you been checked for gastric reflux and have you had any MRI's of your spine?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am on omprezole and i only get the back ache before the chest pain comes along

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
So you haven't had an MRI of your spine?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no i have not had a mri of my spine

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Just one other thing Richard--the angiogram was clear and did the cardiologist consider something call Prinzmetal's angina?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

there was just some slight narrowings in the angio which he was not to concerned about but he has kept me on the medication he did not mention prinzmetal's angina just this syndrome x

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Well Richard you are on appropriate medications for that and for Coronary Syndrome X but I think the pain may well be from something else. My first thought is a disk problem in your thoracic spine and I'd get an MRI to look for that. Another possibility would be a peptic ulcer and unless you've had upper endoscopy to look for that I'd do that too. I'd also screen you for H pylori--the so-called ulcer bug.