Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Hi, I go to the toilet for a movement every two or three days.

Hi, I go to the toilet for a movement every two or three days. When I have been, I need to go again around half an hour after or if I been moving around, I then may have to go a third time. I get a bit sore and some minor leaking. I tend to go early evening as during the night whilst sleeping my bottom returns to normal. I work, I am active, I have no depression or stress, I have minor bleeding believed caused by the repeat visits. I eat three meals a day, I am not overweight. There are no reported family related problems. I am 54 yrs old, male and have had it a couple of years. I feel healthy apart from this inconvenience that is caused. Can you help.
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 3 years ago.
Dear customer

Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions:

The symptoms you have described is most probably due to constipation.In medical terminology,constipation is defined as less than three bowel movements per week.

The minor occasional bleeding you had is also due to pressure during straining to pass the stool.

Fiber is one of the mainstays in the treatment of constipation.High-fiber foods include beans, whole grains and bran cereals, fresh fruits, and vegetables such as asparagus, brussels sprouts, cabbage, and carrots.

You need to increase the quantity of fruits and vegetables as they contain lots of fiber.

To treat constipation,following is recommended for you:

-Take bulk-forming laxatives like Metamucil.

-If this doesn't help then take stimulant suppositories containing bisacodyl (e.g. Dulcolax)can be used.

-Glycerol suppositories act as a 'stimulant' within the rectum, encouraging the passing of stools

So I advise you to take these above described medications & it will help greatly to cure your symptoms.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Customer,

Treatment of constipation includes:

-Lifestyle changes like regular exercise
-Diet modifications like fiber intake,plenty of water.

A diet with enough fiber (20 to 35 grams each day) helps the body form soft, bulky stool.

Avoid smoking & alcohol consumption.Dont take fried,spicy,salty,chilly food items.

All this will help you greatly to cure your symptoms.

I have seen that you have not rated my answer yet.Please do not forget to rate my answer as positive,as this is the only way by which we(experts) get paid for the service.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert