DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

My husbands achilles rupture was treated with a full groin

My husbands achilles rupture was treated with a full groin to toes back slab cast for 11 days. No risk assessment, no scans, no anti clot meds, no safeguards whatsoever. After, a below knee cast applied for 4 weeks, then a manual, forced repositionong of his foot from an equinus position to flat. He almost passed out with the pain. An adjustable boot was never used. He was a strong, healthy , active man of almost 60 years old. He died 2 days after this last procedure ftom a pulmonary thrombo embolism. We told the hospital at the last procedure that he had pain in his leg, the technician forcing his foot did not comment. All the signs of dvt were there, shortness of breath, lack of appetite, we didn't know what they were signs of as no warnings by the hospital were ever given. There are no guidelines in place for outpatients. Please, please , I need an expert opinion
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.

Very sorry about your husband.

My opinion just based on your report is that DVT should have been considered.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating [hopefully excellent] as this is how we are compensated.
Find me anytime as needed, I am here daily.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.