Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Hi Im a tall barrel chested man of 26 and recently Ive been

Customer Question

Hi I'm a tall barrel chested man of 26 and recently I've been feeling like my spine is in my chest and feeling pressure and aches around my chest and diaphragm, as well as some upper and lower back pain which moves and comes and goes.

I read up about it a little and think I may have body stress so I've been trying to keep off the acids.

How can I treat this and would a massage help or another type of physiotherapy?

Ian
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Thanks for this question

Does anything trigger it?

Eating? Breathing? Movement? Exertion?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Nothing really triggers it as such. Obviously if I take in anything acidic then it enhances it and I do spend a lot of time hunched over. Some days I feel better then it may come back. I smoke too but it doesn't seem to affect it my heart rate is normal too.

I think this is stomach acid related Ian.

Smoking does trigger that and it can cause chest pain when the acid comes back up into the esophagus

The treatment is avoiding triggers as much as possible including tobacco, alcohol, and food triggers.

Also a medicine called omeprazole or prilosec is the best treatment

It can be purchased over the counter

See your doctor to confirm but one prilosec a day should help this
I noticed that our chat is not complete.

My main goal is your 100% satisfaction and for you to consider this service excellent. If you are not 100% satisfied, just click reply and I will happily provide more information.
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)