How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. K. Your Own Question
Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 4376
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. K. is online now

hello my 4 years old son have problem with his eye.when he

Resolved Question:

hello my 4 years old son have problem with his eye.when he watching tv or doing something long time he feeling pain in eyes and turning head on the right side.before he spend long time on the computer and nintendo.i have been with him on optometric and he after examination he said he is long.... he give him glasses,but when i trying put the glasses on my son eye he crying because his feeling pain when he trying to look.can optometric do mistake???
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JA

If you took him to an optometrist, yes the exam may not be quite accurate. You should take him to a medical Dr which is an opthamologist.

Eye pain in children is usually from a functional cause. This means it is because they are doing something to cause the pain.

At age 4, he should not spend more than an hour a day total playing video games or on the computer. It is a source of eyestrain and not a productive activity.

Start limiting his time to one hour per day and see if he improves.
Dr. K. and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you