Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

the website is not letting me view the answer to my last q

the website is not letting me view the answer to my last question.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Hi there

What is your question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ive just had a reply from dr chip but i cant see it as the website isn't working

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
I fully understand David. That's a pretty large liver tumor and it would be a considerable surgery to take it out. If it were, say, a quarter of that size then surgery could be contemplated. All that said, though, the only reason to remove a liver met--and it's done with colon cancer sometimes--is for cure or possible cure. I'm sorry to say, in your mother's case, metastatic melanoma to the liver is just a very bad actor and, if this were me, I wouldn't ask the surgeon to remove the liver tumor. Here's my answer from the other page
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

at this stage i agree it is too big, but what if the zelboraf reduces it in size. why would it not be worth trying if it was small enough?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Might be worthwhile then--so long as she can go through the surgery. Liver surgery can be fairly simple depending on the location of the tumor.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

im due to get the ct scan soon. i can show it to you in a seperate question if you want. If it does get smaller, can it be removed, if so can treatment be applied. Why is this oncologist so anti-surgery. I know we don't know how well my mum is doing on the drug, she is due another ct in june, she has been on zelboraf for 2 weeks

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
He probably isn't antisurgery but he may feel that it's not worthwhile to take it out--like I told you it should only be taken out if there's a chance for cure. Yes--on a separate page, when you have it, give me the ct report and I might be able to say more about this David
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

he says there is no cure he can offer. Why not? I get it at this stage, the growth is too big...but why not in the future?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
He may be talking about the whole picture and not just the liver met. Let's close this page and let me see the scan results when you have them
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience: 20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.