Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Hi There My name is XXXXX XXXXX year old male, mature one parent

Hi There
My name is XXXXX XXXXX year old male, mature one parent dad to son ryan, about 10 years ago I went to my GP suffering from low libido, feeling low, kind of depressed, just not feeling myself, My GP examined me, he said he thought he knew what was wrong with me
but would have to run some tests, the results came back, and he said I was suffering from andropause, similar to women having the menopause, he put me on an injection called Nebido, to have every 12 weeks, as time went and the effect was not as good the injections were given every 10 weeks then reduced to six weeks, I find they start wearing off after 4 weeks, I was looking to see if there was a tostestorone supplement I could purchase on line that would top up, but as usual there was no facts, just sales talk about body building, is there anything you could recommend, or any advice at all you can give, I moved to a small town in the north of Scotland, GP is very old school, he does not believe in this kind of thing, and blames everything on age, all I know is, after starting on this treatment, I was back to my old self, and bringing up a young child is no problem, apart from that, I have no health problems at all, non smoker, light social drinker, hope you can help, as a subscriber to just answer, thought asking was worth a try, thank you for listning
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Hi there.

Do you still need help?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes

Hi George

Are you aware of the risks of testosterone to the heart?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I am fully aware of the risks, but feel the benefits at 74 outweigh the risks, The doctors in the UK do not want to prescribe anything but painkillers, all the literature I have read state the problem with tostesterone is mainly prostate,

There is new data out linking testosterone to heart disease

Here is a link

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/01/29/study-adds-to-concern-about-cardiac-risks-for-older-men-taking-testosterone/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

the concern is real
I appreciate the good rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)