Ken
Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Experience:  Working as a Doctor who Cares since 2001.
25541092

Doc this morning when i went to the loo(number 2) i noticed

Doc
this morning when i went to the loo(number 2) i noticed i must have passed blood in my wee due to the fact it was on the pan, i didnt think to much about it due to the fact i do sometimes pass a bit of blood in my stool (i have well controled Crohn's disease) anyway a few mins later i need a wee again and a small looked like blood clot came out. i feel fine, no pain to wee. been a couple of times since no sign of blood. i am male and 51years young soon.
Andrew :-)
Expert:  Ken replied 3 years ago.
Andrew,

I am Dr Ken and I will be helping you today.

Passing of blood in stool is not normal and should be taken up seriously. It indicates irritation of the rectal or colonic mucosa - severe constipation/ inflammation/ infection/ mass/ hemorrhoid or inflammatory bowel disease.

A physical evaluation along with few investigations like scopy/ stool analysis should give us more answers.

Till than - Have balanced diet, adequate fluid/ have more of fiber in your diet/ avoid alcohol, smoking or excess caffeine.

Wish you well.

Best
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok,

i said i passed blood in my wee not stool?

Expert:  Ken replied 3 years ago.
Ohh.

Sorry for that confusion.

Are there symptoms like fever/ burning during urination or pain at the back {kidney region}? I assume you do not have any diagnosed medical condition apart from that already mentioned {Crohn's} - Am I right?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no pain, not lots of blood just a trickle and when the blood clot came out there was no pain, the clot was about 1- 2mm, i think it was blood because when it hit the toilet it slid down and left a red mark. i have been a couple of times again and dont seem or cant see blood.

Expert:  Ken replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for that additional information.

I am happy that there are no associated symptoms.

Blood in urine indicates abnormality at the urinary system {kidney, ureters, bladder or urethra}. Red blood generally indicates abnormality in the bladder or urethra. In your case as the blood was very less in quantity {without pain} - I would think of mild form of infection as the most likely cause. Other causes like calculus {urinary stone}/ mass in the bladder/ dehydration or bleeding disorder can also present with similar complaint.

To be frank - If I were you - I would get a physical evaluation {even though the blood was just a trickle} along with few investigations like - urine analysis/ ultrasound of abdomen and blood tests to get more answers.

Till than - Have adequate fluid/ Cranberry juice helps.

Wish you well.

Good Luck