Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

howimportant is it to restrict a 13 year old boy with behavor

Customer Question

howimportant is it to restrict a 13 year old boy with behavor problams my grandson spends 6 hours a day on games @phones @tv
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

This sounds like its the mom with the behavioral issues. Its great that you care and are trying to step in for your grandchild.

The american academy of pediatrics recommends no more than one or two hours per day of this type of activity. It promotes aggression in children as well as obesity and takes them away from the activities he should be doing. I am wondering when he has time for after school activities, sports, and even homework.

I am sure that no Dr has told her he should eat whatever he wants. It may be a good idea for him to see a nutritionist. Heres a link for healthy eating for preteens

Hope this helps