Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hi My head is dry and the seems to be fakeing.

Hi My penis head is dry and the foreskin seems to be fakeing. Im not sure if its discharge dried up or Skin. I did get a stinging sensation hen I used a Different Shampoo byt this as 2 days ago, Can you help. Thanks
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--how long has this been going on? Any redness or itching?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The penis head was redish with slight itching but not much. I have a vain in my left testicle that has swollen up aswell. When I check my penis is Dry and it seem to flake. A bit sticky when i pull back.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Joe--two possibilities here. It sounds like balanitis--a yeast infection of the penis and not an STD. If that's the case, Lotrimin cream applied three times a day for a week should resolve it. It also could be a case of inflammatory eczema--again not an STD--and that would respond to a cortisone cream three times a day for a week. If you aren't going to have a doctor look at this, you should start with the Lotrimin and switch to the cortisone if that doesn't work. After that, if it still is bothering you, you'd need to see a doctor for either prescription ketoconazole cream or a stronger cortisone cream