DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a 34 year old female. I am a heavy

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a 34 year old female. I am a heavy smoker( approx 25 a day) and I do not drink at all since July 2009. For the past six months or so, I have been having strange episodes of dizziness where it feels like I'm going to collapse, tinnitus from time to time, a tingling sensation that goes through my body, and difficulty breathing during this. After it happens I feel very unsteady on my feet and shaky, specifically my jaw dosnt stop twitching for about 2 minutes or so after it happens. The episode can last from a few seconds to approx 5 minutes. I have been admitted for this in the past and a stroke was ruled out along with any other neuro issues. The only things abnormal on my blood results at this time were slightly low random glucose, and raised PTT which resolved after 2 weeks of clexane. I also suffer from in diagnosed anaphylaxis which seems to be unrelated to food. I am currently under the care of a consultant for this. I also gave slightly low potassium and B12. My TFT's are also all over the place but never in the danger zone. I am currently taking 40mg of citalopram a day and 20mg of cetirizine daily. I have an implanting as well which has been in place for nearly 2 years. Any ideas you have would be appreciated as it is becoming a great nuisance for me. Thanking you in advance.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
What does your doctor tell you about this
And what exactly is your question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm really wanting to know what you think a diagnosis could be as no one I've seen seems to have any idea. We have gone from stroke to addisons and no one seems to be able to tell me what to do. Any idea or advice you could give would be greatly appreciated.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
If I am to help you, I need to know
what has been said
what tests have been done.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have had numerous ecg's which have all come back normal sinus rhythm, I have had 2 mri's on my head and neck to look for lesions or clots and nothing was found. I also don't have any compressed nerves in my c spine. I had an ultrasound of my heart and carotid arteria which was fine also. My EEG and EKG also came back fine.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
So you have not had a holter monitor then?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No I have not. I had a 24 hour ECG done a couple of years ago which showed some ectopic beats but nothing to be alarmed about.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
OK
And have you seen an ENT specialist?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No not as yet
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
OK
that is your next step.
Your symptoms sound like Meniere's disease or other inner ear problem.

If this work up is negative I would consider:
EEG, to rule out atypical seizures.
Tilt table test, to rule out autonomic dysfunction.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating [hopefully you will click an excellent; or come back to ask me more as needed].
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Find me anytime as needed.
I am here daily.