Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

Hi, I tried to ask this earlier but I could not complete the

Customer Question

Hi, I tried to ask this earlier but I could not complete the question due to tech difficulties. I have a small hard lump which is sore to the touch and generally just feels uncomfortable. If I squeeze it it hurts a lot. It is not quite as big as a small pea. It is right next to my clitorus... Feels like it is on my inner lip or on my clitoral hood if they are diff things?! But it is very near my clitorus. I am a virgin so not an STI. It itches a little bit.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.

Dr. K. :

Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

Dr. K. :

Hello and welcome.

Dr. K. :

This is probobly a sebaceous cyst. Its due to a blocked pore and is like a pimple.

Dr. K. :

They commonly occur in this area and the rest of the labia, due to friction.

Dr. K. :

You can likely get it to burst with hot compresses and compression.

JACUSTOMER-k0d734fi- : When you say friction. What do you mean? I have an appointment for a pelvic exam for a different reason tomorrow and I am nervous about if he will notice it and if he does what he will think of it.
Dr. K. :

Friction from the two sides rubbing together.

Dr. K. :

You should let the Dr know it is there or he may not notice at all