Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I have been to see my GP many times about my issues but the

Customer Question

I have been to see my GP many times about my issues but the general response is adrenalin and anxiety. I am not satisfied that they are giving me due attention or are paying sufficient attention to my symptoms as you get about 5 minutes per appointment and it is as quick as they can get you out of the room so they can get to the next patient. I would like piece of mind that there is nothing seriously wrong.

I am prone to getting tingling / pins and needles and also the sensation that my fingers are moving. These aren't painful. The nerves are irritated which I know from seeing a chiropractor about an injury to my neck. The nerves are giving me the sensation that my fingers are being pulled / twisting. I also get a nervous sensation in my legs. My fingers do occasionally twitch but that has happened most of my life and is not getting any worse. I do suffer from anxiety although much of my anxiety at the moment is regarding the sensations which really do set me on edge.

I do not have any problems with coordination and my muscle strength is as good as ever. My Chiropractor has checked my muscle control / reaction and has told me it is just irritated nerves. The sensations in my legs but mainly my hands do make me feel like my coordination and strength and control is going but this isn't the case. Its just the sensation feels so alien it makes me very uncomfortable. I would say that the sensations have existed for about 5 years but have caused me anxiety for about the last 3.5 years. The symptoms normally last for about a month and they go and then I return to normal but they comes back again normally with a 3 months but then go again without any lasting effects.

I also get this feeling like my whole body is pulsing but I think this is anxiety. I get this all over my body including my face, eyes and lips.

What do you think?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Hi there and I'm sorry your GP isn't of help

Any family history of MS?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, none at all. Both my GP and my Chiropractor who deal with several MS patients say that they don't think I fit the profile and my symptoms don't seem to add up to MS.

I am concerned though

I think you need an MRI of the brain and an EMG of the arms and legs to see what this is
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The leg sensations are very rare and it tends to just be in my arm (left). I don't have any lasting effects as it does go away. I also don't get any pain. I first brought the sensations in my arm to my GP's attention over 11 years ago and have raised it with them possbly 6 or 7 times over the years but they don't seem concerned. Do you think it might be serious?

I do

Now that you describe them more, I'm thinking it's from the neck

A pinched nerve in the neck from a bulging disc is possible

An MRI would show this
I noticed that our chat is not complete.

My main goal is your 100% satisfaction and for you to consider this service excellent. If you are not 100% satisfied, just click reply and I will happily provide more information.