DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

i suffer from ocd intrusive thoughts and recurrent severe depression.i

Customer Question

i suffer from ocd intrusive thoughts and recurrent severe depression.i havein the past have put my hands round peoples necks it just happens i haveno thoughts about i get scared and do not understand why. i havehad brain scans mri scans cbt mindfulness and i am on the following drugs cephalexin 250mgs 1 night ferrous fulmate 332 1b d lamotrigine 100mgs 1 t.d.s. lorazepam 1mg 1b.d. prn lorazepam 2mgs nocte mitrazapine 45mgs 1 nocte omeprazole 20mgs 1 daily procyclidine 5mgs 1 at 6 p.m.quietanine 25mgs 2tabs b.d.setraline100mga 2 mane simvastatin 40mgs 1 nocte solifenacin 5mgs 1 dailyzopiclone 7.5mgs nocte. i went to seea Dr christmas at dundee and it wasthought a had a form od dementia but my own psychiatrist did not accept this and i undertook a series of tests which proved i did not have dementia. i am really scaredas to why i do these things but no one can tell me why they happen i have tried to commit suicide many times because of the illness so iam trying everything looking up neuropsychiatrists counselling i really need answers
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
It sounds like more than OCD
This sounds like bi polar.
Have you been diagnosed with bi polar?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

doctor said it was ocd after all the tests
i have been diagnosed bipolar but that was disproven

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
I would get another opinion on this.

The medicines you are on are also for bi polar, such as the lamotragine.

Whether it is bi polar or OCD, your symptoms are not controlled well.

This means that either you need the OCD medication increased [and I don't really see a typical OCD treatment here] or you need to re consider the entire package of medications.

If bi bolar, than lithium would be a single medication alternative that could replace a number of your meds.

As far as I can see right now, you are on too many medications, and I would have another psychiatrist review this.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating [hopefully you will click an excellent; or come back to ask me more as needed].

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Please use reply.
The q and a format requires that you come back to ask more if needed.

What further questions do you have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i have become frightened dr schweitzer said i ad ocd cac you tellme why i do have thisthing that id iam really scared i need an answer

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
No
We can not diagnose you and can not treat you.

Grabbing someone around the neck is not typical of OCD.

The fact that it "just happens" is also not typical of OCD.
It is more typical of bipolar, or of OCD along with another disorder, such as skizoaffective disorder, for example.

But bi polar could explain all of these symptoms.

You need to have a very frank talk with the doctor about this, it is illegal, and it will get you arrested, so I would not take chances with this.

I would talk to the doctor today, or if you are feeling like this is going to happen, go to A&E.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I hate you you have mademe so frightened you have challenged
My psychiatrics diagnosis i have tried to commit suicidee because of this illness and have been reallly well i cannot afford 54pounds but dont know hoow to stop you hav wryined mylife joust when ni was getting better XXXXXXX i was so happy bit i cant speak to anyone i amon my own i thoighty o i would help me

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
When is the last time you saw your psychiatrist.
When was the last time your mediation was changed?
When was the last time you talked with your psychiatrist about the diagnosis?