Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I had prophylactic laser treatment for holes from lattice degeneration

I had prophylactic laser treatment for holes from lattice degeneration this morning. Can I drink alcohol this evening?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--it would be best for you to avoid alcohol--either by mouth or in cologne--for two days after the treatment since that can cause bruising
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Eh? Cologne? Where do you think I had my laser treatment?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Not sure what you meant by that Ian?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well to swear me off cologne it sounds like you think I had skin laser treatment. This is not the case.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
No, I know that wasn't the case but even so, alcohol to the face can affect the eye and there still could be some bruising or bleeding so it would be best to avoid that too