Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

ive been told ive got diverticula disease im having part the

ive been told ive got diverticula disease im having part the colon taken away in September cant o it before as im self employed and very busy until then im on linaclotide 290microgram 1 every morning domperidone 10mg 2 every morning 2.5mg bendroflumethiazide and ellest sola im always bloated and feel sick all the time is there anything I can do before my op to help me feel better I get very tierd aswell its really getting me down
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today

Hello and welcome. Feeling sick and bloated may not be from the diverticular disease but the other things that it causes. Are you being treated for infection? Are you anemic?

1. Start taking a good One a Day vitamin if you are not already doing so.

2. Consider asking your Dr for a course of antibiotics. Infections begin in the small pockets that occur in the colon and can cause these symptoms.

3. If you are constipated, treat yourself for constipation with a medication called Miralax, it draws water into the colon and helps keep things regular.

4. Consider eliminating lactose from your diet. Over half of all adults over 50 (I know you are 49) are lactose intolerant.

5. Ask your Dr if you could take a GI probiotic. A good one is Align and it is availiable online almost anywhere in the world.

I hope this helps.