Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

Hi. I went to my dr yesterday and had an internal examination.

Customer Question

Hi. I went to my dr yesterday and had an internal examination. He said he found raw damage to the top of my vagina which had pus around it. He gave me antibiotics. I didn't tell him what happened. But he did ask if I or someone else had put something inside. I said no but I did... Scissors with a bit of surface rust. I know I shouldn't but I needed to hurt myself. My questions are does he need to know what has caused it? My vagina feels wet today. Not sure if just excess discharge from the exam or if puss. It looks possibly tinged with greeny yellow. Should I or can I use a tampon? It feels uncomfortable to be wet. Thanks
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.

Dr. K. :

Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

Dr. K. :

Yes you need to tell your Dr the source of the injury. You must have a tetanus shot as soon as possible!

Dr. K. :

There is also possibility of perforation of the vagina. You may need an exam under anesthesia to determine this and surgical debridement. This is removal of any dead or diseased tissue. This sort of thing may also lead to pelvic infection. It would be advised to have a course of intravenous antibiotics. You would need to be hospitalized for this

Dr. K. :

Do NOT use a tampon

Dr. K. :

Good luck