Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Hey. I dont suppose for one second that anyone can help

Hey.

I don't suppose for one second that anyone can help with this - in a quick reply. I was really hoping someone may point me in the right direction. My issue is, as a native English speaker living in a country where I am not 100% fluent in the language it is difficult to find someone with the language skills as well as the professional skills in this area.
37. Female. Mother of 2 girls, 5 and 10. British, born, raised and educated to university level. Married to Turkish Man, currently living in Turkey. Work from home during term time and run hotel with husband over summer.

All sorts of personal issues etc as per every normal family.

Problem: irrational levels of emotion. Cry when angry, can't articulate feelings without crying, sometimes almost to point of complete hysteria. Feel desperate and manic. Ranges in intensity depending on the situation. Issue with my child's teacher that has made me cross, at point of conversation with said teacher, I can't articulate what I need to, eyes we'll up, throat become constricted and emotion reigns.

Argument with husband can result in complete hysteria, uncontrollable crying, anger followed by desperate behaviour.

Always been a very emotional person but over the last few years, seems to be increasing in intensity and this is really impacting my life in a very negative way.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.

Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

this could be due to psychological issues. like cyclothymia

Dr. David :

which is a milder version of bipolar disorder.

Dr. David :

you need to see a psychiatrist about this

Dr. David :

and possibly be started on some mood stabilizing mediciations

Dr. David :

or antidepressant medications.

Customer: Hi Dr. david.
Customer: My issue is that I don't really have access to a psychiatrist
Customer: which is why I was trying my luck through this system
Customer: where I live we have no regulating body for drugs like anti depressant sect. I am not taking anything at all now and I am scared to because I have two girls and need to be on the ball for them
Customer: If this is a symptom of a disorder do I have to have other symptoms...?
Dr. David :

these emotional symptoms could be all the symptoms you have for cyclothymia

Dr. David :

or mild bipolar dysorder.

Dr. David :

you should get your thyroid hormone levels checked as well.

Dr. David :

you might have to take trips back to the UK to see a psychiatrist once every 6 or 12 months.

Dr. David :

there is really no way to see an online psychiatrist who will prescribe you medications.

Customer: I did have my thyroid checked a little while ago and levels were normal, I also did try b12 by injection for a while but again my levels are really normal.
Customer: ok. I guess I have to make the trip... Ugh. Just for interest if a person has mild bi polar, what is the treatment. ?
Dr. David :

there are medications which can help

Dr. David :

such as antidepressant medications

Dr. David :

SSRI agents.

Customer: ok. Thank you so much for your time.
Dr. David :

lithium depakote

Dr. David :

you are welcome

Dr. David :

I hope you get some medical evaluation for your emotional ups and downs.

Dr. David :

and I hope your treatments help

Dr. David :

best of luck to you

Customer: Thank you.
Dr. David :

you can read more here

Dr. David :

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/cyclothymia/basics/treatment/con-20028763

Dr. David :

if done, please leave positive feedback below

Dr. David :

you might have to scroll down to see the ratings area below

Dr. David :

thanks for using JustAnswer.com

Dr. David :

hello?