Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I started with pins and needles in my left and sometime

I started with pins and needles in my left breast and sometime spread pain in my chest wall but then stops.i also get the pins and needles if I suddenly get frightened.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Phil, MD :

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Dr. Phil, MD :

Hi I'm Dr. Phil

Dr. Phil, MD :

Can I ask your first name?

Customer: Rosita
Dr. Phil, MD :

Hi Rosita

Dr. Phil, MD :

nice to meet you

Customer: Hi dr
Dr. Phil, MD :

How old are you?

Customer: notdr not very good
Dr. Phil, MD :

how old are you?

Customer: hellogood hello dr. Nice to meet you too.
Dr. Phil, MD :

how old are you?

Customer: hello.
Customer: Hello dr.
Dr. Phil, MD :

how old?

Customer: hello
Dr. Phil, MD :

how old are you Rosita?

Customer: Hello
Customer: helloHello hello dr
Dr. Phil, MD :

HOW OLD ARE YOU?

Dr. Phil, MD :

your age?

Dr. Phil, MD :

birthdate?

Dr. Phil, MD :

what is your age?

2 questions

1)how old are you?

2)what triggers it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello dr. I am fifty years old.i am not sure but I think if I get hot maybe. It can just come suddenly.
Have you had any heart tests?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had an echo about four to five years ago
Ok you need a full cardiac workup

This could be a heart disease sign

Get an EKG and stress test
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What about the echo I had?could it not be related to nerve trapped maybe?
It could be a trapped nerve in the neck yes but it's important to check the heart

A 5 year old echo isn't very helpful?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Isn't heart disease symptoms severe chest pains?and other symptoms as well?i am a very stresses person. I have anxiety disorder .and severely stressed.could it be due to that?

Not necessarily. Women tend to have mild or atypical symtpoms

it could be stress and anxiety but we have to be cautious and check your heart
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just want to say that when I get the pins and needles the pain that I said spreads to my chest I don't mean the chest wall but between the breast bone not the upper chest.isnt the heart pain on the upper chest?
No, not necessarily

Like I said women tend to have atypical or non classic symptoms

you need to be checked there is no way around it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I understand. I am going to do that.would the echo show the heart disease?i would prefer it to the stress test.
No. an echo just shows the pumping and valves not blockages

The stress test is essential
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have very bad acid reflux as well. Alltogheter what is your opinion?what you think it can be?
Overall, I think it is VERY unlikely to be cardiac

Most likely a pinched nerve or acid reflux being made worse by anxiety

I think you should get a stress test to be sure but I doubt cardiac
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there any other test I can do except stress test?i have tried before and I get very panicky just running n the treadmill.also isn't it that they have to inject you for that?
Yes, they can a stress echo

so you run on the treadmill then they do an echo
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I will do that.thank you.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

I see you have opted out the other expert.

do you still have any other questions?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi. No I don't have another question.i just wanted to ask about the same question.it was just shocking to hear it might be heart related.i wanted to ask someone else's opinion.it doesn't matter if you have the same opinion.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
The chances of your symptoms being heart related are very very small

but it is always good to check with your doctor and have your heart checked to make sure they are not heart related.

that would be the safest thing to do

heart related pain in women can be very unusual and be different from women to women and the symptoms can be different from men who have heart related chest pain as well.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So this pins and needles in the breast and sometime going towards the chest mainly behind the breast bone what could it be?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
it could be due to acid reflux

it could be due to a pinched nerve in your back

it could be due to heart problems.

it could be due to excessive anxiety disorder as well.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You said the chances of being heart is very small.why is that please?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
because you had an echo 5 years ago

your age is 50 and not 70 or 80

you have a history of excessive anxiety disorder, and so excessive anxiety can often magnify symptoms

are you getting treatment for your anxiety disorder?

are you willing to see your doctor to get tested?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have been given tablets but I am not sure whether to take them or not. Some people say is better not to but I am very anxious. I actually always think I am going to have a heart attack and it terrifies me. I am constantly scared. And it always about my heart. I have read that one of the symptoms of this disorder is that you always think about your heart.if I could find out that its not the case then it will enouemously reduce my anxiety. I have done echo bacause I was afraid to do the stress test.and I know that's the best test to find out but I don't want to do that injection to be able to see through the heart to see for blockage.i thought echo would be enough but the other dr said is not.he also said I have done it five years ago and that's not good but then again you said its fine so really I am confused.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
you should take the medications your doctor are giving you to help you with your anxiety.

you also need to see a psychotherapist to get weekly counseling and cognitive behavioral therapy to help reduce your anxiety

see your doctor and get the stress test. I bet it will be fine.

once you get the stress test and it is normal, hopefully that will help you not worry so much about your heart.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is the stress test to show blockage or what is it for exactly?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
stress test shows how your heart works under stress

and sees if your heart is getting enough blood flow during stress

if your heart gets enough blood flow during stress and you don't have chest pain or EKG changes during a stress test, that means your heart is ok and your symptoms of pins and needles from your breast is not coming from your heart.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there any other test I can do to get the same results?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
you can get a cardiac catheterization and a repeat cardiac echocardiogram.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry I know the echo but what is the other one?how is it done? The other dr said echo doesn't show blockage.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
a cardiac catheterization is a procedure where they inject dye into your heart arteries to look for heart blockage

the echo does look for heart effiicency and how the heart is beating and its efficiency.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If I not do echo do you think that's enough.i can't do the dye in heart. I am afraid of that
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
sure go get the heart echo.

that is better than nothing.

and an EKG.

and continue your treatment for your anxiety disorder

and do see a psychotherapist about your excessive anxiety

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board Certified Physician