Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Need some advice as have lump on cheek and pain in my jaw and

Need some advice as have lump on cheek and pain in my jaw and neck and head and ear and generally feel unwell and I have suffered with osteomyelitis in my foot before would this be the same I feel tachycardic a lot too but I am not pyrexic
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Hi there. still need help?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes
how long have you had this?

has a doctor seen it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have been feeling generally unwell for about a month but my mouth came up with the lump and severe pain in my face about 10 days ago, a doctor saw it and said did not know what it was and gave me antibiotics and they have not done anything I have completed them and I feel worse.
this could be an abscess Charlene or pocket of infection

Antibiotics will do very little for this.

Can you attach a picture for me?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It's not letting me send a picture basically it's a small lump on my cheek which is painful and all my teeth are hurting and my throat is all red and my tonsils are slightly inflamed and there is white around the gums and there was yello puss coming out sometimes of a white patch

This is an infection that needs to be drained

you need to see a dentist or doctor to look at it right away
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What could happen if I was to leave it, would it go down by itself, are there any complications with an abscess? Could this be osteomyelitis again as they were checking me for chronic osteomyelitis in my ankle, could this spread to other bones like my face
It probably didn't spread to the face/jaw but it does need looked at

The worst probably is spreading infection

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So with a spreading of infection what could happen and what would symptoms be ?
It would spread into the blood

Fever, chills, weakness, lethargy, confusion
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Well I have those symptoms on and off all week so is this dangerous? Its just I have so much to do and don't have time to go to hospital or dentist
Yes. It is very dangerous.

You need to go to the hospital.

You won't have anything to do if you are dead Charlene.

Just being honest
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok thanks il go at some point then
alright

please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it

let me know what happens
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I went to the hospital and they did not know what was wrong with me so they did a fbc to see if anyone was abnormal and they said it was fine so I took an overdose of codeine for the pain and they just kept me in overnight for that and then I went home this morning feeling even worse.

I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)