Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Lump on cheek and pain in mouth ear head and neck do I need

Lump on cheek and pain in mouth ear head and neck do I need to worry
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.

This is something that needs to be seen by a head and neck surgeon or a maxillofacial surgeon. Lumps in the cheek causing pain in the head and the neck can be due to parotid gland growths as well as lymph nodes in the cheek area and these should be dealt with as soon as possible. These lumps are mostly benign but cause a great deal of discomfort and impair the quality of life severely when they enlarge. They do not go away on their own.
However, as the adage goes, all lumps should be considered malignant unless proved otherwise. So, you should seek medical attention for this and be ready for a fine needle aspiration cytology which is a test that enables the doctor to take a sample out of the lump and send it to the lab for a diagnosis.
Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
If you have more queries, reply back.
Best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I went to the doctors a few days ago and they gave me antibiotics and didnt tell me what it was and I took them but it has got worse and they made me feel really sick. I feel really dizzy and all my bones are hurting especially my leg and I have been sick and had diarrohea and in the past I had osteomyelitus in my foot from an operation for a brake and had a blood infection
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the reply.
This seems to be something different and unrelated to the previous conditions that you mentioned.
May be you went in to the wrong specialty. Such lesions are best understood by Maxillofacial or Head and neck surgeons, so you should get an appointment to see one from these specialties.
Hope this helps.
If you have more queries, reply back.
Best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think the doctor said it was a abcess in my mouth but he said it could be osteomyelitus in my mouth would this be likely and from the other symptoms too what do you think is the best thing to do here. I had yellow puss coming out of my gum but not where the lump is on my cheek
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the reply.

Well, if this is an abscess it should be drained as soon as possible.
No point waiting on an abscess to heal itself, ince it never does and should be surgically drained before it causes more harm.
Hope this helps.
If you have more queries, reply back.
Best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What I am asking is whether this is osteomyelitus of the face although I am not pyrexic but I am slightly tachycardic , it's a Sunday and not sure whether I should go to a hospital today or just see how it goes this has been going on I'm my mouth for about 10 days now
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Osteomyelitis is unlikely in 10 days however, if you let it progress then it will eventually involve the bone.
Hope this helps.
If you have more queries, reply back.
Best.
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.