Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Dear Doctor: A month ago, I fell on a concrete step from a

Dear Doctor: A month ago, I fell on a concrete step from a small height and cut and bruised my shin. The doctor said I damaged the periosteum, but nothing worse. It also seems to affect the nerve in that foot by causing it pain. I have had my foot X-rayed, but there is no break there. It was feeling much better, but a couple of days ago I went out in London and I jumped on to the down escalator on my bad leg. (I didn't trip or fall, just leapt on). I seemed to get away with it completely, but now it is really painful and the cut is tender to the touch again. Could I have damaged it further?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Hi there.

Still need help?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for getting back to me. Please let me know what additional information you need.

Hi Deborah

You could have caused a fracture by doing this if the bone wasn't healed.

I think you need xrays again

you might have even had a small fracture before that wasn't detectable by xray
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)