Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I had warts 10yrs ago.Ive been with the same partner

I had genital warts 10yrs ago.I've been with the same partner for the past 8yrs and have had 2 children.All my smear tests have been clear and have no outbreaks since then.My husband died a while back and I've just recently met someone.Do I need to tell him about this.I am sick at the thought of having to tell him
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--just to check here--have you talked to your doctor about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not since I had them treated at clinic

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Corena. I understand your concern. There's every reason to believe that you are one of many patients whose immune system has eradicated the HPV virus from their bodies and I don't think there's any reason to suspect that you could transmit the virus to someone else now. That said, I can't say there's a zero percent chance that another partner won't be infected and there is no current test that can prove you are virus free, so I have to say you should let your new partner know.