Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I MY WATER WORKS SEEM TO OVER WORK IN THE AFTERNOON IS ANYTHING

Customer Question

I MY WATER WORKS SEEM TO OVER WORK IN THE AFTERNOON IS ANYTHING I CAN DO TO SLOW THIS DOWN.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
It will help if you could provide some further information:
Is this a problem that you are making a large amount of urine frequently or a small amount of urine frequently?
Are you having any difficulty in getting the flow of urine started?
How long has this been bothering you?
What evaluation has been done thus far?

I had asked for some further information and have not heard back.

To be able to find what may be able to be done to ease these symptoms, it would first be necessary to determine the underlying cause of the symptoms.

If you are having a large amount of urine frequently, then the primary concern would be diabetes. Diabetes mellitus, with an elevated blood sugar, would be the most common form of diabetes, but there is also another form of diabetes that is due to a deficient amount or effectiveness of a different hormone that affects fluid metabolism in the kidney, called diabetes insipidus.

If you are having a small amount of urine frequently, then there would be concern that there may be an infection or benign enlargement of the prostate (or both). An infection can be of either the bladder or the prostate, although prostate infections are more common in men.

Therefore, the first step would be to pursue further evaluation to determine the specific cause, and then treatment directed towards that cause can be done.

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.