Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I had a brief relationship with a man 22 years ago, just been

Customer Question

I had a brief relationship with a man 22 years ago, just been told he has died, he had liver cancer and heb c, should I be tested? I had heb a 21 years ago which I fully recovered? Getting abit confused please help
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Thanks for this question

You should be tested for hepatitis C but most likely you are okay.

Hep C is rarely transmitted through sexual contact. It is usually through blood to blood exposure like IV drug use

So there is a rare chance you have it but unlikely
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have got myself really worried about this. Cause I had heb a, a year after the relationship ended, when my doctor tested me would he have tested me for A B and C to see which one I had?
Hep A is transmitted differently

you can pick that up from food or water

He probably did not test for all 3 actually

I would get tested for B and C if I were you but it is very unlikely you were infected
I appreciate the good rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)