Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Chest pain with No other symtoms seems to be getting more frequent

Customer Question

Chest pain with No other symtoms seems to be getting more frequent with the same intensity as before seems to move around and under arm pits
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--how long has this been going on and how long does it last? Can you describe the type of pain?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It started before Christmas very mild and only a few moments it comes and goes and moves from left right and middle
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Adam--is it stabbing, burning, crushing--what's the quality? Does it seem to be in the chest wall near the ribs or deeper? And what did the doctor have to say about it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's like a aching sort of pain it moves from left to right and in the middle sometimes high medium or low he has said that it's unlikely to be what I think it is
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well obviously you're concerned that this is a heart problem but did the doctor have any suggestion as to what the problem might be? And when it happens does it hurt to take a deep breath?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He said acid reflux and no it doesn't
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--have you tried anything for reflux like Zantac or Prilosec?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm on tablets and they help but it keeps coming back
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Adam. Here are my thoughts and we can continue after this if you need. This doesn't sound cardiac but I can rule that out just on the information you've given me so I would get a stress test and an echocardiogram to make sure about that. It could be reflux that is just resistant to the tablets and I'd screen you for H pylori--the so-called ulcer bug--since that could be the problem and you'd need antibiotics to take care of that. Finally, because this moves around, it could be a problem with a disk in your thoracic spine, so I would get an MRI of that part of your spine. That should cover all the bases and give you a diagnosis, but, again, I think a cardiac problem is very unlikely from what you've told me
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do I need to book an appointment with the hospital to do that I do get stressed quiet easily and sometimes when I do there's a stabbing sensation
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well, most primary care doctors have the ability for the stress test and the echo in their offices but if not you'd need a cardiology referral. Your doctor can order the MRI and the H pylori test
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So is there a chance it could be cardiac
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
A chance, yes, but as I said, I don't think it'll turn out to be that. Let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you Adam
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well it has just turned in to interjestion now it was playing up when I was talking to you and now it's gone but thank you amyways
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I think it's likely GI as with reflux and H pylori Adam. Keep taking the tablets and let me know how things go
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience: 20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
My pleasure Adam--please don't forget to rate my service
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will do take care
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
You too Adam