Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Hello I had cervical cancer last year and have had all my ct

Customer Question

Hello I had cervical cancer last year and have had all my ct and pet scan and everything is clear and I am very happy, 3 months ago I had a clot to my lung and am now on xerolto, I went to my doctor today just for general check up I had a facet injection last Friday because I have a disk leaning on a nerve so I am in a lot of pain but I feel the injection is working, my daughter asked the doctor to check my breathing when I was there today and when he did he sent me for a chest X-ray, I am now worried that I have lung cancer but I did have a spine lumber MRI 3 weeks ago and I had echo done 2months ago, I have a small cough with a bit of mucus now and again but no blood in it, with these MRI and echo, would they have shown up if I had problem and why is the doc sending me
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Phil, MD :

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Dr. Phil, MD :

Hi I'm Dr Phil

Dr. Phil, MD :

Can I ask your first name?

Customer: Michelle
Dr. Phil, MD :

Hi Michelle. nice to meet you.

Dr. Phil, MD :

what did the lungs sound like? did he say?

Customer: Dull but my breathing is fine and I have no shortness of breath
Dr. Phil, MD :

Okay good

Dr. Phil, MD :

very unlikely to be cancer

Dr. Phil, MD :

The CT and PET would have shown it

Customer: My ct scan was the abdonminal and my MRI was lumber and I also had echo in heart 3months ago
Dr. Phil, MD :

I see

Dr. Phil, MD :

PET scan is of the whole body though

Customer: Ok but that was done 8 months ago would the echo show up lung problem and why do you think he said me for chest xray
Dr. Phil, MD :

cancer wouldn't come from nothing to large enough to cause symptoms in 8 months

Dr. Phil, MD :

you are fine

Dr. Phil, MD :

echo would NOT show a lung problem

Dr. Phil, MD :

He probably suspected infection

Dr. Phil, MD :

hence the xray

Customer: What kind of infection
Dr. Phil, MD :

pneumonia, bronchitis

Customer: shatinfection what symptoms would be likely for lung cancer
Dr. Phil, MD :

lung cancer usually presents with weight loss, fatigue, and bloody cough

Customer: Ok thank god I don't have them fatigue ok but I am in a lot of pain and not sleeping oner the nerve in my back so u think I will be ok sorry to sound so crazy but I have been thru a lot
Dr. Phil, MD :

I understand. You are not sounding crazy. You have been through a lot and you are just worried

Dr. Phil, MD :

Yes, I think you will be just fine

Customer: One more question how long would a pet scan last for that I don't have cancer
Dr. Phil, MD :

at least a year

Dr. Phil, MD :

I would feel confident

Customer: Thank you I feel better
Dr. Phil, MD :

good :)

Dr. Phil, MD :

Did I do excellent work for you today Michelle?

Dr. Phil, MD :

you there ?

Customer: The lumber MRI and abdonminal ct can they see lung and chest
Dr. Phil, MD :

no and no

Dr. Phil, MD :

but the PET is the best test and it does

Dr. Phil, MD :

okay Michelle?

Customer: Can you answer this thank you
Dr. Phil, MD :

answer what?

Customer: can you answer this
Dr. Phil, MD :

I answered

Dr. Phil, MD :

The MRI and the CT will NOT show the chest

Dr. Phil, MD :

But the PET will and is the best test

Dr. Phil, MD :

so you are fine

Customer: Thank you so much
Dr. Phil, MD :

you're welcome :)

Dr. Phil, MD :

would you mind rating me positive before leaving?

Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience: GP in the United States
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I ask you one more thing when I had a clot o my lung in December they confirmed it with a ct scan on my lung they would have seen cancer at this stage.
Yes absolutely!!!!
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)