Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

My wife has been Ill for 5 months she is convinced she has

My wife has been I'll for 5 months she is convinced she has a terminal illness and really needs to have her mind put to rest , it is destroying out marriage , she feels suicidal she hates her life . What can I do
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--are you saying she feels physically ill? What medical conditions does she have and has either she or you talked to a doctor about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She has very bad musclar pain to a level of ten be the highest she has been coughing since November about thirty times a day , she has no energy , she feels sick . And general nausea and weak , she finds it difficult to work she works in a kitchen and finds it very difficult to sleep

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Neil but has she seen a doctor about all of this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes three times now , they keep telling she has a post viral infection , and the last doctor told her possibly ME . did I mention she has been feeling like this for six months . So unlike her to be poorly for so long

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
I understand Neil. Do you know what blood work and any other testing she's had to see what's going on and has she been given any medication for this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She has had a blood test that came back ok . She got prescribed flamoxilin (However it's spelt ) we have a doctors appointment tomorrow because she is getting worse, but is there anything we can say that will make the doctor sit up and listen to her .

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Well, Neil, the first thing the doctor needs to know is how down she is emotionally--that really needs to be addressed right away and I think an antidepressant like Zoloft or Celexa should be started right away. That said, since I don't know what blood tests she's had so far, you need to ask about all of the following. Her thyroid function needs checking and unless her TSH is well below 3.0 I would consider her hypothyroid and start her on thyroid supplementation. Other areas would include her cortisol levels to see if they're low, a CBC and a ct scan of her chest and abdomen to look for cancers like lymphoma, pancreas, and liver, as well as for anemia, a screen for heavy metal (lead and mercury) toxicity, and vitamin deficiencies like B12 and D. I can't say exactly what the problem is with her physically, but I would certainly check all those areas.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much I will use this information tomorrow .. you have been a great help .

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
My pleasure Neil but let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you