Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

When ever I do Abdominal workouts (sit-up, etc during a exercise

When ever I do Abdominal workouts (sit-up, etc during a exercise session I get terrible cramps lasting for 20mins, therefore I stopped doing it. I'm not sure why I am suffering from this.

And also when working out the legs my toe will get stuck in a down position and freeze like that. Then, i get this sharp pain and the toe is stuck in that position and i have to use my hands to move my toe back into place. I also bad cramps quadriceps, hamstrings, calf.

I would like to know if there is a way to prevent it from happening. Do I have some sort illness
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.
Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
I personally think that you should have your electrolytes tested if you have not already done so i.e. Calcium, magnesium, potassium etc. A low level of any of these can cause one to have cramps.
I would recommend that you should take calcium and magnesium supplements and drink plenty of electrolyte rich fluids like gatorade and pedialyte which may help.
Let me know if you have any further questions.
Rate me for my services when you are done.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok how can the test be done by blood test

Could it be that I have never trained my Abdominal and leg muscles before it's painfully when I do it the first time.

It is literally every time I go swimming and start kicking. It is always my right foots 2nd toe, and I would say 90% of the time my left foots 2nd toe does the same thing. What will happen is I will start kicking and all of a sudden my toe will get stiff and I cant move it
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.
You would have to request your doctor or GP to give you a script for this test.

That is very much possible.

This happened to me as well when I used to go swimming as well and actually this is something that happens commonly especially when you you start to swim.