Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

I have felt unwell since Wednesday afternoon There is nothing

I have felt unwell since Wednesday afternoon
There is nothing wrong with my stomach and I can eat fine it is like it is in all my joints
The best way I'd describe it is the feeling you get when you are getting the flu but I still don't feel sick and this morning my chest is very tight
I'm a 29 year old male
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I am going to assist you with your question. First I need a little more information-

Do you have cough/ running nose or sore throat?
Do you have fever?
Do you pain in joints of both side?
Are you suffering from any medical condition or on any medication ?
Do you get chest pain with deep breath?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have a cough but nothing major

I have a running nose but again nothing major

I don't have a fever

Yes the pain in the joints is in both arms and legs

I don't have any medical conditions

I don't really get a pain when I take a deep breath it is more of a constant tightness

Dear Customer, Thanks for providing quick additional information.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort.

It sounds to be Viral flu. Yes, it would result in pain in all body joints and fatigue. Associated cough, running nose is a part of flu.
Having tightness is chest, is due to flu.
Usually this condition, is self limiting in nature by 5-7 days.

To control this, please take the following steps:

1. Gargle with hot, saline water - mix 2 teaspoonfuls of salt in 1 glass of hot water and gargle thrice daily.

2. Steam inhalation - Take a bowl of hot water, and put 2 tsf of salt in it. You can also put menthol in it if you have some. Inhale the steam that rises from the water.

3. Drink a glass of warm lemon juice daily.

4. You can suck on hard sweets - the saliva trickling down the throat will be soothing.

5. Take Tylenol for pain. You can start at two tablets every four to six hours as needed.

6. You should take Antihistamines like Alavert 10 mg once daily (OTC), Also take Decongestants - Sudafed 120 mg once daily(OTC) and Otrivin nasal drops 2 drops three times daily in both nostrils(OTC).

Viral symptoms, usually get resolve by its own in 4-5 days.
Please follow above measures, and you would start to feel better in next few days.

Good luck and Take care.

Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience: M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician