Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Have an incontenance problem for about 5 years. 3 years

Have an incontenance problem for about 5 years.
3 years ago my gynacologist recommended a surgical procedure, involving a sling type of solution, which he did for me.
Since having this procedure I am considerably worse and I have repeated regular infections and want a solution. PLease help Teresa
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi Teresa. Sorry to hear about this. Are you still having urinary incontinence problems? Kidney infections or bladder infections?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have incontenance so bad I cannot go out, and always with a substantial pad. I have little control when I need to go.

I have had 4 infections since the beginning of the year.

Last one 10 days ago finished treatment with Clacid (Klacid)and today I have another new infection

. I had a spec. tested earlier in the week and it was clear.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

awaiting reply to my further information

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Teresa, and we can continue after this if you need to. Yes, you need to see a Urologist for an evaluation, ct of the abdomen and pelvis, and cystoscopy along with bladder emptying tests and something called manometry to measure the contractions of your bladder. Depending on the results of all those and perhaps a medication for bladder spasms you may need another surgery to remove the sling and secure your bladder to your pelvis with a procedure that doesn't involve another sling
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have two friends who had the same procedure twice with the same gynacologist and then had to go to urologist for correction.

How big a procedure is the securing bladder to pelvis? is repeating the sling not a good idea. Thanks Teresa

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Not a terribly big procedure Teresa but the sling may need to be removed and that will take more time. I personally wouldn't use a sling again in your case
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what are the chances of a successful outcome and what % success

could I expect.

How, long should I expect to be in hospital

thanks Teresa

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
I think the chances of a good result for you would be about 90% and I'd suppose you'd be in hospital for probably five to seven days. Let me know how you do Teresa and please remember to rate my service to you