Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Hello I am 35 weeks pregnant and suffer from severe anxitity

Customer Question

Hello I am 35 weeks pregnant and suffer from severe anxitity and OCD, yesterday I visited a farm with my two and a half year old. There were goats at the farm and my son was touching the gates to their penn and I held his hand and touched my phone bag etc. When we left my husband applied some hand sanitizer to his hands and we did ours also. Im really worried about toxoplasmosis, would we be at any risk or would the hand sanitizer have killed any germs on our hands and would we actually have to had touched the goats themselves? Also I touched my bag phone etc afterwards and then ate a sandwich, is that a risk? Thank you x

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Thanks for this question

If you used the hand sanitizer then there should be no risk

The sanitizing will kill toxoplasmosis

You should be fine