Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

high temputure for 5 days now

Customer Question

high temputure for 5 days now
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 3 years ago.
Dear customer

Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

Do you have sore throat?Running nose?
Any tests done so far?
Any other symptoms besides fever?

I am waiting for your reply..
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes i have soar throat and i still cough time to time , running nose nothing major , i have been to GP last tuesday the doctor just checked my throat and said its red you need Pencillin VK , and thats about it there , so i came back home drank abit of paracetamol to hit the temputure down it does get better but comes back up onces the effects of medicine is gone , i have also been using Pencillin for 4 days now half way on the medicine packet. Also experience some headache , i been trying to rest throw out days but impossible to sleep . Tonight was first night that i slept throw it all the way till 9 am , and i woke up with 36.4c But now its coming back up to 38.4c already .

Thanks for the quick response.

Dear customer,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.

Although most of sore throats are caused by viral infections.But this can also be bacterial like strep throat.It is the most common bacterial cause of sore throat.It is caused group A Streptococcus bacteria.

Strep can not be accurately diagnosed by looking at the throat alone. It requires a laboratory test.A throat swab or a rapid test is required to rule out/diagnose strep infection.

As you have already taken Pencillin VK,for 4 days without much relief,& still have high grade fever,I advise you to get back to your doctor to have swab test & other blood tests & culture to know the exact causative organism & then accordingly antibiotic & other medications will be prescribed.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert