Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

hi dr chip,,as you know i suffer from big anxiety,now i mentioned

hi dr chip,,as you know i suffer from big anxiety,now i mentioned last time,about my bleeding from the anus,well i changed my diet to more fibre,and my motions became softer,and the bleeding stopped,it has now stopped for more than three weeks,now is this very likely to be bleeding from piles,and not something bad like colon cancer,i did watch a programme called embarrassing bodies here in the uk ,where the dr said that significant visible bleeding is rarely a sign of cancer[is this true]
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi again. Yes obvious red blood from the rectum is most often piles or sometimes perhaps an anal fissure (tear) and nothing more serious than that. It's just that since I can't examine you I have to recommend that people have their doctor take a look. In your case I think it's just piles and with the diet change you may never again have any problems with them
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi,yes i did see a dr 15 years ago,she examined me with a gloved finger up the anus and found nothing,i went to a dr last week,for other issues,and did mention that i have had bleeding from anus for 17 years, on and off and that rcently id been bleeding again ,,she was off the opinion ,it probably piles,as anything bad i would have known by now,,the symptoms were anal bleeding splashing in the toilet after bowel movement,seperate from stool,with occassional itching

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
I agree Darren that it's just piles and sometimes they are so soft you don't feel them with the finger--you really don't have any need for worry here
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ive seen them dr, during one episode,they inflated and stopped the stool coming out,thankyou for your help,sorry about my anxieties,you helped me calm down..a link to small clip on dr who talks about piles,fissures,and bleeding not bein a sign of cancer

http://www.channel4embarrassingillnesses.com/conditions/bowel-cancer/

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
I understand your anxiety problem Darren and glad I could ease your fears. No one ever dies from piles so rest easy my friend