Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have been diagnosed with Lewis Sumner syndrome and receive

I have been diagnosed with Lewis Sumner syndrome and receive IVIG every six weeks.So far I have had reasonable improvement But for past few weeks I'm having increased difficulty with my shoulder/upper arm movement and very painful. Could this be at all related to the LLS?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi. Sorry for the delay. Is this both shoulders and can you tell me more about the symptoms?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's my left shoulder until now but just past few days I've noticed slight twinge in right shoulder which is similar to how right side started. Pain is over shoulder joint and down muscles in front of upper arm. My right foot and then left hand were the first to be affected and I have significant muscle atrophy in hand.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Shirley. Does it hurt more to move that shoulder and any tenderness anywhere?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes very painful with movement and muscle around joint and down arm also

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Shirley. This isn't related to the LLS and it sounds like you've developed bursitis of that shoulder. I'd suggest you see your doctor, get an MRI of the shoulder and get some physical therapy treatment from a physiatrist--a physical medicine and rehabilitation MD specialist. For now, heat, ibuprofen, and topical capsaicin cream can help
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much,this puts my mind at rest as I've been tortured by the fear that the LSS is progressing! I'll see my GP asap and in meantime take your advice,many thanks!

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
My pleasure Shirley but let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you