Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hi, I started with sickness and diarrhea on tues night. I took

Hi, I started with sickness and diarrhea on tues night. I took some imodium to stop the diarrhea which relieved symtons but because I couldn't go to the toilet my stomach was burning and unsettled. This morning the diarrhea has returned but I have no sickness anymore. The diarrhea is yellow and watery. Do you think it needs to run its course. Msny thanks natalie daly.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi Natalie. So no fever or abdominal pain now? Did this have any relation to something you ate?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have had cramps but no fever. I reheated some rice on Sunday evening could be linked to that?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Probably not the rice. In general this kind of this is just a simple viral enteritis and yes, it usually runs its course in about five days or so. With no fever or severe abdominal pain I don't think this is anything to concern yourself about for now, although I'd suggest no Imodium for now. Plenty of fluids--especially juices--for now and just ride it out. If the diarrhea continues beyond midweek then see a doctor for a stool sample to see if this is bacterial like E coli or salmonella, since those require antibiotics