Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hi, I started with sickness and diarrhea on tues night. I took

Hi, I started with sickness and diarrhea on tues night. I took some imodium to stop the diarrhea which relieved symtons but because I couldn't go to the toilet my stomach was burning and unsettled. This morning the diarrhea has returned but I have no sickness anymore. The diarrhea is yellow and watery. Do you think it needs to run its course. Msny thanks natalie daly.
Hi Natalie. So no fever or abdominal pain now? Did this have any relation to something you ate?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have had cramps but no fever. I reheated some rice on Sunday evening could be linked to that?

Probably not the rice. In general this kind of this is just a simple viral enteritis and yes, it usually runs its course in about five days or so. With no fever or severe abdominal pain I don't think this is anything to concern yourself about for now, although I'd suggest no Imodium for now. Plenty of fluids--especially juices--for now and just ride it out. If the diarrhea continues beyond midweek then see a doctor for a stool sample to see if this is bacterial like E coli or salmonella, since those require antibiotics