Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have an echo on hearing sound which is worse if there is a lot of noise. No wax or infe

I have an echo on hearing sound which is worse if there is a lot of noise.
No wax or infection
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--can you describe this a little more and this is just one ear? How long has it been going on and any pain or dizziness?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No pain or dizziness. Have been to the doctors and they can't find anything. Had hearing test and although I now head hearing aids it has not made any difference.

Have low key headache and some tooth ache but have dentures

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Sue So are your saying your hearing is muffled? Have you seen an ear nose and throat specialist and have you had an MRI of the head?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I haven't seen anybody apart from GP.

It's like when you stereo and anagolue playing one is behind the other

that how it feels your hearing the sound twice

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Sue. You need to see an ENT and get the MRI. I think this is a Eustachian tube problem and you probably have what is know as patulous tubes. While antihistamines and decongestants can be tried, sometimes surgery is required--once procdure would be myringotomies--tubes in the eardrums. Also, craniocervical manipulations by a doctor of osteopathy (DO) is another treatment