Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

When I small blood clots are discharged

When I pee small blood clots are discharged
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Since how long are you having this problem?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Do you have any pain or burning when passing urine?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Have you been seen for this as yet?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Do you have any other medical problems?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Are you on any medications for anything?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Please let me know.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.

I tried the live chat services but could not connect with you.
I would appreciate it if you could provide me more information on the questions that I have asked above.
Please do not rate me for my services until you have received an answer.
Kindest Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Dr. Shahzed.

I had a triple hneart bypass op on 30 January. Have made a excellent recovery since then apart from one slow healing wound along the track where they took one of my femoral viens out. Clots in the urine came after operation. They disappeared about 1 month later. Now, tonight they came back again. I have an enlarged prostate and will see a specialist on 7th May about its removal. I have no pain when the clots come out with the urine, just some impedence with the flow of urine until the clot comes out. No other symptons. I am on 20mg statins once a day and 850mg metformin three times a day for my Type II diabeties. I have had diabeties for about 8 years and try and control it by diet, excercise and medication. I find it hard to bring dowm my blood sugar levels below 8.

David

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I should add thast my PSA is less than 3 and the surface of my prostate is smooth.

David

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the additional information.

I would like that you should have your urine tested to rule out an infection in your urine. I would also like that you should be seen for this as soon as possible because clots in the urine means that you are bleeding from somewhere in the urinary tract, most likely in the urinary bladder. I would like that you should have an ultrasound at least initially to be sure that everything is okay and to rule out things like polyps or tumors in the bladder. So I would recommend that you should either call your GP or book an appointment with him for this. If your symptoms are severe with lots of clots coming out I would then recommend you going to the emergency. Let me know if you have more questions. Rate me for my services by clicking on one of the smilies below.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your help and advice. Only two clots came out with the urine the night I contacted you and nothing since. I have an appointmernt with a urinologist booked for 7th May and he will carry out all the necessary tests. When I had my heart bypass operation they had difficulkty in inserting the cathader in my uretha and I think they must have caused some bleeding in this process. The afternoon before I had the discharge of two clots I had taken some strenuous excercise (the most strenuous since my heart op near three months ago). I think this may have dislodged the two blood clots. Anyway, thankfully no more discharges have ocurred.

Anyway, thank you for your advbice.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.
You are most welcome
Take care
Wish you all the best.
Please do rate me for my services before you leave by clicking on one of the smilies below. I hope I provided excellent services.
Tip/bonus is always appreciated.
Good bye :)